8 cars and trucks in the garage ended up damaged by smoke, water or fireplace, Tualatin Valley Fireplace & Rescue experiences.

COURTESY PHOTO: TUALATIN VALLEY FIRE & RESCUE - Firefighters respond to a house fire in the West Slope area on Tuesday evening, Dec. 1.A West Slope man’s vintage automobile collection suffered damage in a residential hearth that still left him displaced Tuesday evening, Dec. 1, according to Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue.

The fireplace broke out in the oversized garage of a household in the 8000 block of Southwest Birchwood Rood, TVF&R reported, evidently sparked by a towel that experienced been burned and discarded in a trash bin. Firefighters have been alerted to the blaze just just after 6 p.m. Tuesday.

The house owner reportedly experimented with to extinguish the fire with a garden hose, but the hearth had developed as well large and warm. By the time firefighters arrived on scene, flames have been coming from the roof and garage of the home.

While firefighters brought the fireplace beneath control within just 25 minutes, TVF&R explained, it took a different two hours to test for incredibly hot spots, decontaminate tools and equipment, and salvage the homeowner’s possessions.

Between his belongings: eight vintage cars that he stored in the oversized garage. All eight motor vehicles have been damaged by smoke, water or hearth throughout the incident, TVF&R explained.

The dwelling was insured, but it did not have a fireplace sprinkler procedure.

The home-owner was not hurt in the fire, but the household was rendered uninhabitable.

The fire has been identified to have been accidental.

Portland Hearth & Rescue and the Washington County Sheriff’s Business office also responded to the scene.

You count on us to stay knowledgeable and we rely on you to fund our attempts. Quality community journalism can take time and revenue. You should assistance us to shield the future of community journalism.